Northampton have announced a replacement fixture for their cancelled game against Worcester, with the Barbarians stepping in as opposition.

The Warriors were recently suspended from the Premiership after they entered administration and were partially liquidated in a chaotic period for the game.

Saints had been due to play host to Worcester on November 26 but it’s now been confirmed they will face the Barbarians as they look to avoid a financial hit.

“Worcester Warriors’ suspension from the Gallagher Premiership leaves a significant hole in our financial forecast,” Saints chief executive Mark Darbon said.

“So the club has acted swiftly to arrange another top-class game of rugby for this date, and we are delighted with the outcome.”

It will be the first time that the famous invitational side has met Northampton Saints at Franklin’s Gardens, although they faced East Midlands in the past.

Former Saints players, including Ben Cohen, Carlos Spencer, Pat Lam, Tom Wood, Cobus Reinach and Samu Manoa, have played for the Barbarians over the years.

Potential Worcester buyers want club to ‘rise again’

Meanwhile, administrators looking for a buyer for Worcester say discussions are continuing “with a number of interested parties” about acquiring the club.

The Warriors were suspended from England’s top flight and will be relegated at the end of this campaign after their partial liquidation, with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) pursuing unpaid tax in the region of £6million.

Several players have already left the Premiership outfit, including Duhan van der Merwe, Ollie Lawrence, Fin Smith, Joe Batley and Andrew Kitchener.

Click Here: Lautaro Martinez Jersey Sale

In a statement, administrators Begbies Traynor said: “We are pleased to confirm that discussions are continuing with a number of interested parties who remain focused on acquiring Worcester with a view to re-establishing rugby at the Sixways Stadium and developing the first-rate facilities and land around it to support rugby operations.

“We are not yet at a stage to be able to enter into any preferred bidder agreement, but expect to continue discussions around this with a view to achieving a sale in the timescale needed for a squad to be built by a purchaser in good time for next season.”